In clicking through on other sites, I came across www.thegirlnextdoorgrowsup.com and saw her call for Feel Good Friday. Since I spend most of my blog ranting about the annoying things in life, I thought perhaps it might be a nice change if I took a few minutes today to appreciate the little things that make me happy. Per her suggestion, below is a list of 5 things that happened this week to make me smile.
- My eldest son participated in a family day at school. It was nice to see him interacting with his classmates and get to see the program they prepared for the parents. In addition to singing Frere Jacque in French and English, they sang it in Chinese. That was pretty cool.
- When I was punishing my eldest son, his little brother begged me not to, even though the punishment was for hitting him. When I asked him why he didn’t want his brother to be sent to his room the little one responded, “because I love him.”
- My youngest (not yet two) spontaneously started singing “daddy daddy, I love daddy.” Too sweet.
- My mom called and took me out for lunch, just her and I; no kids; no husbands, just girl time.
- I started writing this list and realized I have a lot more than 5 things I could put on it. I have a great husband, awesome kids, a terrific family and a multitude of blessings. I love my life and that makes me smile.